
- 夜市不是景点,是一座城市的另一副面孔 | Night Markets Aren't Tourist Attractions — They're a City's Other Face
- Let me take you somewhere: Taiwanlu Night Market, Wuhan, 9:30 PM.

- 在中国吃素这件事,比你想象的难,也比你想象的容易 | Eating Vegetarian in China: Harder Than You Think, Easier Than You Fear
- 争议先摆出来:很多素食者到中国之前都听说过"中国素食很难吃",也有人说"中国有全世界最悠久的素食传统"。这两句话都是真的,只是说的不是同一个中国。

- 摊位编号不重要,重要的是你站在哪座城市 | The Stall Number Doesn't Matter — What Matters Is Which City You're Standing In
- 有人做过统计:中国现存的街头小吃种类超过一千种。这个数字本身没什么意义,因为没有人能吃遍,也没有人真的在乎排名。但排名这件事本身很有意思——每隔几年就会有媒体或者美食博主发布一份"中国街头小吃TOP榜单",然后引发一轮争论:凭什么臭豆腐排第三?沙县小吃算不算街头小吃?新疆烤肉为什么总是被低估?

- 一碗面能走多远:从兰州到潼关,西北人用面食丈量土地 | How Far Can a Bowl of Noodles Take You: Measuring the Northwest by Wheat
- 中国有多少种面条?这个问题没有标准答案,但有一个粗略的共识:光是陕西一省,就有臊子面、油泼面、biangbiang面、浆水面、棍棍面等数十种,每个县都可能有自己的版本。如果把甘肃、宁夏、青海、新疆算进来,西北的面食版图大得惊人——不是因为这里的人懒得发明其他食物,而是因为小麦在这片土地上生长了几千年,面粉早已成为西北人

- 早上七点,广州人已经喝了两轮茶 | Morning Tea in Guangzhou: A Ritual Before the Rest of China Wakes Up
- 早上七点,广州荔湾区的莲香楼已经坐满了人。老人们占据靠窗的位置,把报纸摊在桌上,茶壶里的普洱还冒着热气。服务员推着点心车穿行其间,虾饺、肠粉、叉烧包在蒸笼里叠得老高。这不是周末的特别安排,这是广州人普通工作日的早晨。

- 花椒烫过舌尖之后,你才算见过川菜 | Sichuan Cuisine Begins Where the Pepper Numbs You
- Let's start with the controversy: Sichuan cuisine is profoundly misunderstood.

- 路边那口锅,才是一座城市的真心话 | The Roadside Wok Doesn't Lie
- No country in the world takes street food as seriously as China does.

- 围炉而坐,这顿饭没有终点 | The Meal That Never Ends: China's Hot Pot Ritual
- There is a kind of meal that's easy to start and hard to end.
推荐文章
- 我在镇江西津渡的五月雨声里,忽然不再害怕一个人吃饭 | In Zhenjiang's May Rain at Xijin Ferry, I Suddenly Stopped Fearing Eating Alone
- 十一月最适合旅游的城市 | Best Chinese Cities to Visit in November
- 我们在常熟尚湖的五月雨里轮流拿伞拍照,最后笑到谁都不在乎照片拍没拍好 | Passing One Umbrella Around in Changshu's May Rain, We Laughed Until None of Us Cared About the Photos Anymore
- 茶国度如何爱上咖啡 | How a Tea Nation Fell for Coffee
- 一场雨把南京重新排了次顺序:先坐下吃口热的,再决定往哪走 | One Rain Shower Reordered Nanjing for Me: Sit Down for Something Hot Before Deciding Where to Go
- 别扫那个码!外国游客在中国最容易中招的6种支付骗局 | Don't Scan That QR Code! 6 Payment Scams That Target Foreign Tourists in China
- 和妈妈在福州三坊七巷躲五月阵雨时,我们终于把很多不好意思问出口的话说出来了 | Sheltering from a May Shower in Fuzhou, My Mother and I Finally Said Things We Had Long Left Unspoken
- 我在重庆学会先看楼层关系,再看地图距离 | In Chongqing I Learned to Read Vertical Space Before Map Distance
- 那些把中国拍得像特效片的博主,真正厉害的是懂得怎么给震撼留空拍 | The Creators Who Film China Like Special Effects Know How to Leave Space Between the Shocks
- 海河风正冷的时候,一家小馆先把我的天津安顿下来了 | On a Cold Haihe Evening, a Small Eatery Settled Me into Tianjin


